Supporting vulnerable and displaced people
…This program is currently in progress…
What Is It About
The Stronger Entrepreneurship Ecosystem in Syunik – Supporting vulnerable and displaced people Project is a 12-month project by Impact Hub Yerevan funded through the Rapid response mechanism of the EaP Civil society Facility that supports entrepreneurs who are trying to make Syunik a better place for post-war vulnerable and displaced people through their entrepreneurial solutions.
Goals and Directions
The overall objective of the project is to provide support and strengthen entrepreneurial opportunities in Syunik, by re-skilling post-war vulnerable and displaced people and by addressing their needs, as well as by engaging organizations working with them.
The specific objectives of the Project are to:
- assist teams directly involving or supporting post-war vulnerable/displaced groups in Syunik to develop, validate, and implement their entrepreneurial ideas
- create a physical location in Goris as Impact Hub Candidate Syunik
- connect entrepreneurs to a national and international community of entrepreneurs and mentors
- raise awareness about entrepreneurial role models in Syunik
- Address policy issues to improve the economic environment in the region
The incubation phase of the program offers Impact Hub’s unique ecosystem, including:
- professional individual coaching by the Incubation Manager
- mentorship by entrepreneurs/professionals in their area of practice (each project will be matched with a mentor)
- membership at Impact Hub Candidate Syunik with access to an inspiring space & infrastructure
- peer-to-peer learning component and professional networking through facilitated events
- access to 100+ Impact Hubs with 24000+ professionals all over the world
- learning curriculum designed for social impact startups, including training and workshops on financial management, legal management, team management, social entrepreneurship, idea validation, business modeling, fundraising, pitching, public speaking, etc.
* Please note: this incubation program does not include financial assistance
- The length of the incubation phase of the program is 6 months
- Application deadline: May 29th, 2022, 23:59 (Yerevan local time)
- Starting time: June 2022
Bold and daring teams (projects and start-ups) in Syunik that address post-war problems faced by post-war vulnerable groups, namely displaced individuals from NK, people with disabilities, women, veterans, orphans, etc. Particular attention on projects that support the rural regions of Syunik affected by the conflict.
- post-war vulnerable/displaced groups and individuals,
- organizations supporting those groups.
Teams selected for the incubation must commit to pursuing their initiative as a top priority (i.e. with at least 50% of their time) and promise to participate in at least 50% of programs, events, and community activities at Impact Hub Candidate Syunik.