What is the Tourism Innovation Academy?
The EU4Business supported Tourism Innovation Academy has a goal of boosting early-stage tourism-related startups in their entrepreneurship journey. By nurturing innovative startup businesses, this project will support them in their pursuit of becoming scalable and sustainable enterprises.
The Tourism Innovation Academy implemented by the Tourism Support Center Foundation and funded by the EU4Business “Innovative Tourism and Technology Development for Armenia” Project, in cooperation with Impact Hub Yerevan will drive innovation in the tourism sector and promote purpose-driven entrepreneurs by equipping them with relevant skills, knowledge, networks and access to compete in national and global markets.
Call For Interest
The Tourism Innovation Academy (TIA) is proud to announce this Call for Interest, asking you to apply with your innovative ideas to participate in its Idea Validation Workshops.
TIA is searching for innovative and sustainable tourism-related ideas that tackle economic, social and environmental challenges in the tourism sector, with emphasis on the regions of Lori, Shirak and Tavush.
If you have an idea that…
- is new to the market,
- is new to the region (Lori, Shirak, Tavush),
- applies a new business model,
- uses new technological, marketing, organisational or product/service delivery methods,
then we encourage you to apply.
Who Can Apply?
This call is open for applicants from all over Armenia, proposed projects and ideas, though, should contribute to the development of innovative tourism in one of Armenia’s three northern regions of Lori, Shirak, Tavush.
Women-led start-ups and/or gender-balanced teams are encouraged to apply. Further, and to assure broad inclusiveness, active participation of entrepreneurial talents who have limited access to resources, incl. disabled persons, youth, displaced persons and marginalized communities from rural and/or remote areas, is also strongly encouraged.
We welcome the applications of:
- Idea stage start-up teams (registered or planning to register after getting financed)
- Newly created/early-stage enterprises
- Existing SMEs with growth potential
- Individuals with innovative tourism ideas willing to team up at a later stage
What’s in it for the participants?
By participating in one of our two-day Idea Validation Workshops, you will be given the opportunity to
- Connect with our innovation community, validate your ideas and get prepared to apply for the second stage of the Tourism Innovation Academy project, which is a 3-month Tourism Startup Incubation Programme.
- Gain the necessary entrepreneurship knowledge and pitching skills that will prepare you for an upcoming Call for Proposals for EU4Business Tourism Grants.
If awarded a grant, get access to further, more intense and tailored startup support through an 8-month Pre-acceleration and Acceleration Programme towards the successful implementation of awarded projects.
- Application deadline: January 17, 2021
Applications will be accepted in both Armenian and English languages.
Shortlisted and accepted applicants will be notified about the place and format of the event in due time. Participation is limited and will be filled according to a first-come-first-served basis so apply now by clicking on the link below!