Description & Goal
Since 2009, the Social Impact Award program has been promoting the knowledge and practice of social entrepreneurship among students in Europe and beyond.
This is being achieved by raising awareness for social entrepreneurship, offering an educational program guiding from vague intentions to a social venture, giving access to networks of peers & professionals and by directly supporting the most promising ventures.
The program is open for applications, after which 20 successful teams will pass through incubation and professional consultancy at Impact Hub Yerevan and later 4 out of those 20 will receive seed funding of EUR 1,500 and opportunity to participate in the Social Impact Award global summit, this year held in Kiev, Ukraine.
The four main areas of the program include:
1. Awareness – Create awareness around social entrepreneurship as a potential career.
2. Education – Provide the youth with the necessary input to found a social enterprise.
3. Community – Enable the youth to get feedback from experts and peers.
4. Support – Support the youth with know-how, incubation, and seed funding.
- Raise greater awareness of social entrepreneurship in Armenia and in the region
- Support students, youth and early-stage social entrepreneurs in developing and implementing innovative business solutions to tackle societal challenges
- Aid the development of entrepreneurial skills through exposure to the field
- Support the best teams with financial capital and active support throughout the year
- Connect participants with an international community of entrepreneurs, peers, and experts