What is the GovTech Launchpad Project?
The GovTech Launchpad aims at co-creating innovative solutions for public sector challenges through cooperation between startups and the public sector.
This project will bring tech start-ups and the public sector together in a mutually beneficial innovation process, in which tech solutions for public challenges or problems are developed in a co-creative manner.
The project is an international pilot initiative by GIZ in cooperation with Impact Hub Yerevan, and The Office of High Commissioner of Diaspora Affairs, at the Prime Minister’s Office of the Government of Armenia (RA).
The Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs strives to provide the best public service delivery for the Armenian Diaspora in the world, as well as the repatriates who move to live in their homeland Armenia.
Through this project, innovative startups are invited to offer tech solutions* that would:
- Support the processes for diasporans intending to move to Armenia
- Support the needs of repatriates within Armenia
*The proposed solutions can address one or both objectives together and can be profit-generating or non-profit solutions.
The direct target groups to be served by this innovative tech solutions are:
- The Armenian Repatriates, and Expats
- The Armenian Diaspora
- The public sector
Who is it for?
- Existing tech startups, operating inside Armenia or anywhere in the world
- The teams should have experience in developing innovative tech solutions
- If selected, the teams should allocate the time to commit to this project until the end period and pitching the tech solution in November 2020
What’s in it for the participants?
The project offers Impact Hub’s unique ecosystem, including:
- professional individual coaching
- mentorship by entrepreneurs/professionals in their area of practice
- membership at Impact Hub Yerevan with access to an inspiring space & infrastructure
- peer-to-peer learning component and professional networking through facilitated events with a community of 250+ creative innovators
- access to 100+ Impact Hubs around the world
- learning curriculum including training sessions and workshops on GovTech industry, Business, Technology and Impact.
- The participants will have the opportunity to innovate and develop tech solutions for the government of Armenia as well as the Armenian diaspora, and repatriates
- Maintain the IP of their developed products and potentially scale it internationally
- Create a long-term partnership with the Office of Diaspora
- Each of the 4 selected teams will receive financial support to develop their solutions
- Application Deadline: August 31, 11:59 pm
- Introduction Event – August 2020
- 2.5 days Bootcamp and Awards Ceremony – Early September 2020
- Up to 3 months Acceleration Period – September-November 2020
- Final Pitch Event – November 2020